At Camp Tel Noar, we choose our counselors and support staff very carefully, because our people are pivotal to our fantastic camp experience. Many of our counselors grew up in our camp. They became staff members because a counselor inspired them along the way, and they take seriously their own function as role models. We also search for the right people worldwide, conducting interviews in the Northeast, in Israel, and elsewhere.
Camp is the real 24/7 experience (although staff does get a day off almost every week). Parents place their complete trust in us for their children’s needs and expect our complete dedication and attention. And the Camp Tel Noar staff delivers!
Working at camp is a great career move, because we truly invest in our staff. With extensive pre-camp and in-service training, we enable each staff member to hone their skills in communication, collaboration, creativity, mentoring and leadership, all qualifications that will serve you well in future employment.
How the hiring process works:
- You review Available Jobs and Apply Online.
- Our Recruiter will review your application and, if appropriate, be in touch to schedule a phone or in-person interview.
- If it looks like you might be a good fit, you’ll have other interviews with leadership staff.
- Before offering you a job, we’ll review your references carefully. We’ll ask your references about how you relate to people, especially children. We’ll ask about your work habits, manners, personality, willingness to pitch in, compassion, fun, energy, and patience. We’ll also conduct a background check.
- If all goes well, we’ll see you at the training sessions and at camp!
American Camp Association accreditation standards limit the number of staff members we can employ under the age of 18. Camp Tel Noar is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate applicants in regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Questions? Please email the Cohen Camps Recruiter or call 781.489.2070.