The best way to find out about any camp is to experience it in person. Camp Tel Noar welcomes tours all year, plus hosts information sessions throughout the Northeast, to introduce prospective families to our warm camp community. Please click the button at left to contact the office and schedule your visit.
“The size has allowed my kids to become part of the Tel Noar community, forge relationships with staff throughout the camp, and make friends of all ages. As a parent, I have comfort in knowing that the staff really know my kids. It’s a wonderful place!”
Check Out Our Videos!
Let us know if you have any questions about the traditions, activities and special events you see!
Our Unique Cabins
At Camp Tel Noar, all campers (except the oldest bunks) get to know each other in our unique cabins, which we call “chugs” (pronounced HOOgs), or circles. These cabins connect three bunks with a shared common room, a space where campers can spend their free time, play games and write letters. Most importantly, the common room is a place where campers get to know each other across ages and interests.
The result: in addition to becoming close to their bunkmates, Tel Noar campers develop an even larger circle of kids they know well and get to see counselor teamwork in action. Chugs provide a powerful cornerstone for Camp Tel Noar’s close-knit community.
“My daughter especially loves the community feeling, tables, and chug (bunk) situation.”
“Kids have a great time at Camp Tel Noar. The environment facilitates wonderful relationships between the kids. Friendships are made with age-peers, but also with older campers/counselors (who serve as role models) and with younger campers (giving them the opportunity to be a role model). There is amazing Ruach (spirit) at CTN.”
- Cabins have electricity and bathrooms with hot water and showers
- Health Center staffed 24 hours/day by licensed nurses
- Kosher, nut-free dining hall
- Olympic-sized swimming pool
- Beach on Sunset Lake, equipped with canoes, kayaks, sailboats and motorboats
- Peaceful, leafy grove for Shabbat services
- Gymnasium/Performance center
- Tennis courts
- Basketball and volleyball courts
- Gaga pit
- Athletic fields
- Photography darkroom
- Videography Studio, new in 2013
- Arts studio for ceramics, painting, jewelry-making, fun with fabric and crafts
- Animal Enclosure of rabbits, chickens and ducks
- Various other buildings for indoor activities